Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Who knew a virus could be so good?! (Review VIE)


Photo from VIE

This review is on Virus Insanity Eyeshadow. VIE is probably one of my most favorite new shops (well, new to me anyhow). VIE has an amazing fan base and you'll learn why!

About VIE: Currently you can only find VIE on Facebook. They use the "Shop Now" feature which I know some people do not like but I don't mind it. I've done several transactions through shop now with my paypal, and have had no bad experiences. I did hear that VIE is working on setting up a website, so hopefully that will happen soon. VIE has an amazing color selection in their photo section and you'll often see great sales going on! They have their ingredients posted on facebook HERE. As for customer service, well THIS is how all shops should act. With VIE you will get fast shipping, great communication. According to their fan page:

"Virus Insanity Eyeshadows are packaged in clear 5 gram jars with sifters and contain approximately 3 grams of product. All eyeshadows are loose pigments and are cosmetic grade minerals (for an ingredient list for each eyeshadow see below). VIE do NOT contain preservatives, dyes, talc, or bismuth oxychloride. We recommend applying pigments over an eyeshadow base or primer (you can also use concealer or cream eyeshadow for a quick fix, anything sticky will work) with a small, rounded, soft bristle brush for the best color pay off. All Virus Insanity Eyeshadows are made with pigments that are safe for use on the eyes, lips, cheeks, and nails. This means you can use them for blush, mix them with clear lipgloss, or mix them with clear nail polish!"

My Order: I ordered a 6 for $20 of randoms. During this time, VIE also had a deal going where you could either choose free shipping ($5) or a free pot of shadow. I of course got the free shadow. As part of a makeup group online and because it was my first order, I again got a free shadow of my choice. How awesome right? Here are my colors (some are off because it is raining here. To see better photos, check out the facebook page!)



Swatches:

In person, the colors are gorgeous. It's been a long time since I have been this completely satisfied with a company.

The colors are described from VIE as:
Carnival Chaos:
Chaos: Lime green with dark purple glitter.
Vapid: Bright green with green iridescence and teal glitter.
Perverse: Yellow with purple iridescence. Contains light purple glitter.
*Ocean Mystery: A beautiful blue..like the ocean
Full Moon: Deep silvery blue.
Ferris Wheel: Medium pink with green iridescence and lime glitter. NON VEGAN
*Hope for Tomorrow: A gold/bronze.
Telekinesis: Medium iridescent purple.

My final thoughts: I love VIE and Jenni. I love how professional she is, the colors are amazing. They really blend well and the color payoff is great. Shipping is FAST and the customer service is great. No repacks here! I will definitely be buying from VIE again. Check them out at:

https://www.facebook.com/VirusInsanityES?ref=ts

A couple of deals/sales she has going on right now:
*10 random FULL SIZED eyeshadows for $25
*St.Patty's Day Collection $15-$17
*Build your own grab bag!
*10 random SAMPLES for $10 (If only ordering this, sh is $3)

Have experience with VIE? Let me know what you think!

*I couldn't find the description for Ocean Mystery and Hope For Tomorrow, so those are my descriptions*

5 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE Virus Insanity, and Jenni herself!!! Some things I love: The fact that her colors are SO unique Ferris Wheel and Carnival Chaos being two prime examples, the fact that she always has some sale offer, and the way she has not just swatches but photos of HERSELF wearing the colors!

    Highly recommend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jenni <3 And the swatches look AAAAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAZIIING! Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just reviewed them today too! XD Love the company, the owner and the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I want some too but I'm waiting for Jenni to reorganize her photos. That way I can pick the colors more easily :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I actually only like ferris wheel.

    ReplyDelete